Pumpkin Olan/Mathan Olan
Olan is a traditional kerala sadhya dish and it is prepared using pumpkin,Ash gourd and red gram dal.
- Ash gourd (kumbhalanga/cut into pieces) – 100 gms/1/2 cup
- Pumpkin(mathan) – 100gms
- Red gram dal(vanpayar) –2 tbsp
- Green chilly(slit lengthwise) –3
- Thick Coconut milk(first extracted) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk(2nd extracted ) –1 cup
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut oil -1 tbsp
- Soak gram dal over night.
- In a pressure cooker, boil peas and keep aside.
- Boil vegetables with salt,green chilly and water.
- Once it is cooked well, add 2nd extracted milk to it .let it boil.
- Once the gravy thickens,add thick coconut milk to it and stir well.Don’t let it boil.Remove from fire.
- Add curry leaves and coconut oil to it.
- Serve with Rice.