Egg Curry (മുട്ട കറി)
This is a delicious egg curry with a thick,rich and spicy gravy and adding evaporated milk to it enhances the taste .This goes well with rice or Indian bread.
- Eggs (boiled and peeled) – 3
- Potatoes(medium) – 2
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Evaporated Milk – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Star Anise – 1
- Curry leaves – 2 stalks,stem discarded
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Shallots – 4
- Cooking oil
- Water – 1 cup
For the Curry paste
- Egg or Meat Curry Powder – 1tbsp
- kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 2tbsp
- Grind ginger and garlic into a fine paste and keep aside
- Grind curry paste ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan.Stir fry cinnamon,cardamom.star anise and a stalk of curry leaves
- Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute well.Add curry paste and mix well.cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes, chopped tomatoes and water and cook until potatoes are done.
- Add hard boiled eggs and evaporated milk. Add salt according to your taste.Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in another pan .Fry mustard seeds,remaining curry leaves and chopped shallots.Fry till shallots turn brown.once this is done, pour over simmering curry.
- Remove curry from heat and leave for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice or roti.