I am sure everybody has heard about fish molee curry and it is quite popular In Kerala cuisine.But this molee is prepared using egg and green peas in coconut milk. When I saw this recipe in a magazine i wanted to give this a try. This is less spicy and and a good combo for appam or roti.
- Egg (boiled) –4
- Green Peas(boiled) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Milk – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Green Chilly –2
- Shallots –2
- Tomato – 1
- Red Chilly Powder –1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute chopped onion,ginger , garlic and green chilly.
- once onion turns light brown,add red chilly powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder.Once the raw smell goes ,add chopped tomatoes to it and stir till it is soft.
- Add boiled green peas to it and mix well. Add salt according to your taste.
- Add coconut milk to it and once it starts to boil,add boiled egg(cut into halves) to it and stir well and let the egg gets coated with the masala.Remove from fire.
- Heat oil in another pan. splutter mustard seeds.Add chopped shallots and fry till brown.
- Add the seasoning to the gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.