Fried Sardine Curry (Varutha Mathi Curry)
- Fried Sardine – 5
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 1
- Green chilly – 2
- Ginger ? garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut Oil
- In a pressure cooker, heat coconut oil and saute ginger garlic apste, green chilly, chopped onions, till light brown .
- Add chopped tomatoes , red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for one whistle.
- Release pressure to open it and Add fried sardines to it and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour coconut oil on top of the gravy.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve with rice or paratha
wow, wonderful recipe…mouthwatering! very innovative…!
oh my god.. look of mathi is killing me.. long time since i had one 🙁