Kappalanga-Cherupayar thoran(Stir Fried Green Papaya-Moong daal with coconut)
Both papaya and moong daal are nutritious and commonly used in Asian cuisine.This thoran is prepared using moong daal and papaya stir fried with coconut.
- Yellow split lentils(Moong daal/cherupayar) – 1 cup
- Green papaya(grated/Kappalanga) – 2 cup
- Ginger(chopped) –1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly(cut into round pieces) –2
- Turmeric powder –1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly –2
- Shallots(chopped) – 6
- Curry leaves
- Boil moong daal with water,salt, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds,dry red chilly,3 shallots and curry leaves.
- Add grated papaya,green chilly,remaining shallots,chopped ginger,turmeric powder and salt.Mix well.Cover and cook without adding water.
- Once it is cooked well,add grated coconut and stir well.cover and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Finally add boiled cherupayar and mix well.
- Garnish with curry leaves