School holidays are always fun for kids and we adults too can relax a bit during this time. My first one wanted to get some sweets and thought why not I try something at home. I looked around to prepare something quick and easy, and found a tin of condensed milk which I bought sometime ago to make Kheer. If you do not know what “Kheer” is then watch this video. This Indian sweet is exceptionally easy to make as it needs only 3 ingredients.
- Grated coconut – 4 cups
- Milkmaid – 1 tin
- Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Keep aside 50 gms of desiccated coconut .
- Preferably, use a heavy bottomed pan and heat it well. Add remaining coconut and milkmaid and stir well on low flame for 5 minutes.
- When it starts to separate from the sides of the pan, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, grease your palms with little ghee and make balls.
- Finally roll the laddoos in desiccated coconut spread on a plate.
- Store yummy coconut laddoos in air tight containers.
I am sending this to Diwali sweet recipes – Festival recipes – Indian sweet recipes hosted by Sameena.