Kovakka Peera ( stir fried Tindora with coconut)
- Tindora (kovakka) – 250 gms
- Shallots – 8
- Green Chilly (slit lengthwise) – 3
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Garlic (Chopped) – 3
- Tamarind pulp – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, chopped garlic , turmeric powder into a coarse paste.
- Mix the paste with kovakka (cut into long thin slices) chopped shallots , green chilly, tamarind pulp and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. add the above mix to it and sprinkle some water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till kovakka is soft.
- Garnish with curry leaves
- Serve with rice.