Pineapple Payasam/Pineapple Prathaman
I wish all my readers a happy and prosperous onam.
Onasadhya is an inevitable part of Onam. Traditionally sadhya is served on a banana leaf with more than 10 vegetarian dishes and no sadhya is complete without a payasam.Normally I prepare semiya payasam, but this time I tried a different one with pineapple and sabudana,Hope you all love this yummy payasam.
- Pineapple(ripe/crushed) – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 150 gms (6-7 blocks)
- Sabudana(chowari/Sago/Tapioca Pearls) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Milk(thick) – 1 cup
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Milk –1/4 cup
- Raisins -10
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Soak sabudana in hot water for 5 minutes and boil with little milk till it becomes transparent.
- Dissolve jaggery in 1 cup of water.To make syrup,Boil the jaggery mix on medium flame for 10 minutes. Strain to remove impurities.
- Heat a pan and add jaggery syrup and crushed pineapple to it.Stir on medium flame till pineapple gets mixed with the jaggery approximately 5 minutes.
- Once it is done,add boiled sabudana and 3tbsp ghee to it and stir.Once it becomes thick, add coconut milk to it and mix well.
- Finally add boiled milk to it and mix.
- If you want a thick payasam,you can add cornflour mixed with milk to it.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins till light brown.
- Garnish with raisins and cashews.
- Serve warm.
Woww… Looks super delicious and perfect.. very inviting clicks dear.. thanks for the recipe 🙂
That looks delicious!! Happy Onam to you too.
looks very interesting
yummy pineapple pranthamn
Nice recipe…never heard of payasam with pineapple and jaggery..Sure i will try..