Pumpkin Chutney/Mathan Chammanthi (മത്തന് ച്ചമ്മന്തി)
This is a unique recipe of chammanthi with yellow pumpkin.you can have this chammanthi with kanji or rice as a side dish.
- Yellow pumpkin(Mathan) – 1/4 cup
- Tamarind – 1 small piece
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery – 1 small piece
- Urad dal(uzhunnu Parippu) –1tsp
- Dry red chilly –2
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves
- Peel off the skin of pumpkin and chop into medium pieces.
- Cook pumpkin pieces together with tamarind ,asafoetida, jaggery, water and salt till pumpkin pieces are soft.Drain the water.
- Heat a pan and dry roast urad dal and dry red chilly.
- Grind grated coconut,curry leaves,roasted urad dal,dry red chilly and cooked pumpkin into a paste.
- Serve wtih kanji or rice.