Mushroom Fry/Koon Varuval
- Mushroom – 1 lb/1/2 kg
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 2
- Ginger(chopped) – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4
- Green Chilly – 3
- Turmeric powder –1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala –1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilly –2
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Shallots/small onions (chopped) –1 cup
- Grated Coconut –1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – as required
- Marinate mushrooms with turmeric powder,pepper powder and salt.
- In a pan, add marinated mushrooms and sprinkle little water.cover and cook on low flame till mushrooms are cooked well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute ginger,garlic,green chilly and once it turns light brown,add chopped onions and fry till onions turn soft.
- Add red chilly powder,coriander powder,garam masala and stir well.
- once raw smell goes,add mushrooms and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- For seasoning,heat oil in a kadai. splutter mustard seeds.Add dry red chilly,cumin seeds,curry leaves,shallots and saute well.
- Add grated coconut to it and roast well.
- once it is roasted ,add cooked mushrooms to it and stir well to get mixed.
- Serve with Roti or Rice.