Uppumanga Pachadi /Salted Mango Pachadi (ഉപ്പുമാങ്ങാ പച്ചടി)
Uppumanga or salted mango is very traditional and popular in Kerala.This is an easy and quick recipe of salted mango and a good combo with rice or porridge.
- Salted Mango(uppumanga) – 1 cup
- Coconut Milk – 2 cup
- Shallots(chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds –1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva) –1/4 tsp
- Shallot(for tempering) – 1 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly- 2
- Curry leaves
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Grind coarsely shallots ,green chilly and chopped ginger.
- Boil coconut milk in a pan with little water and reduced to half.
- In a bowl,combine the shallot mix with chopped mangoes and 1 cup coconut milk. Mix well.
- In a pan,heat coconut oil.splutter mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds and once it is done,add chopped shallots,dry red chilly ,curry leaves and saute.
- once it is done,add the seasonings to the mango mix and stir well.
- serve with rice as side dish.