Vishu Special – Naranga curry
- Lemon(yellow) – 3
- Green chilly(cut into round pieces) – 5
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Sesame Oil
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Slice lemon and cut into small cube pieces.Add salt to it and mix well. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds.once it is done add fenugreek seeds, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, red chilly powder, turmeric powder,green chilly and saute on low flame. Take care not to get burned.
- Add water to it and bring it to boil.
- Add lemon pieces to it and mix well. Turn off the stove .
- Once it is cool, store in bottle and refrigerate.
- While serving pickle, always use dry spoon.