Soy is high in Proteins and it is a good substitute for meat and contains no fat..This is a healthy and spicy dry curry for rotis or rice.
- Cauliflower(medium,cut into florets) – 1 cup
- Soya chunks – 1/2 cup
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger –Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 2
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Coriander pwoder –1/2 tsp
- Tomato(chopped) – 1
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) –1/4 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaf –1
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2” piece
- Cardamom – 2
- Coriander leaves
- Soak soy chunks in warm water for 10 minutes and squeeze out the excess water.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and immerse in warm water(add a pinch of turmeric to the warm water) for 2-3 minutes to get rid of germs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds,cloves,bay leaf,cardamom and cinnamon stick.Let it splutter and once the aroma of fried jeera comes,add chopped onions,ginger-garlic paste and saute till onion turns golden brown
- Add chopped green chilly,chopped tomatoes to it and once tomatoes are soft,add red chilly powder,pepper powder , turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well and once the oil starts to leave the pan,add soy chunks and cauliflower florets.Add salt to it and Stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to it.Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes till veggies are cooked well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or Roti
I am sending this to Veggie/ Fruit a Month Event for September- Cauliflower hosted by Priya and Tiffin Carrier Antiques.