- Beetroot (medium) – 1
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilly –12
- Curry leaves – 1sprig
- Garlic – 6
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind (soak in 1/4 cup of water and extract juice) – gooseberry size
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- water – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chop beetroot into medium pieces and pressure cook for 1 whistle.Let it cool.
- Grind cooked beetroot pieces into a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.Roast coriander seeds,10 dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once it is done,grind the above mix with grated coconut.
- In a pan,Boil tamarind extract with turmeric powder,salt and water.
- Once it starts to boil,add beetroot paste to it and mix well.let it boil.
- In the mean time,heat 1tsp oil in a pan and fry garlic pieces till golden brown.Keep aside.
- Add coconut paste to the beetroot mix and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- For seasoning,Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds and dry red chilly and add it to rasam.
- Finally add fried garlic to it and mix well.
- Serve with white rice.