Cabbage-Urulkizhangu Upperi (Cabbage-Potato Subji)
- Potato(medium, cut lengthwise) – 2
- Cabbage – 150 gms
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves
- Since cabbage needs less time to cook , first boil potatoes with salt and tumeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds,chopped onions,masala powders,chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add shredded cabbage(here I used purple cabbage) to it and mix.
- Cover and cook on low flame without adding water.once it is well cooked add boiled potatoes to it and stir.
- Garnish with curry leaves.