Padavalanga Parippu Thoran/Snake Gourd– Toor daal stir fry
- Toor Daal/Tuvara Parippu – 1/4 cup
- Snake Gourd/Padavalanga(small,cut into thin slices) – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly – 2
- Shallots – 10
- Garlic – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Dry red Chilly – 1
- Coconut Oil
- Pressure cook toor daal and keep aside.
- Peel off skin of snake gourd and remove the seeds.cut into thin slices.
- Grind grated coconut,green chilly,5 shallots,garlic,turmeric powder into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.Once oil is hot,splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.once it is done,add curry leaves and saute it.
- Add 5 shallots(cut into round pieces) ,dry red chilly and saute well.
- Add coconut paste to it and mix well.
- Add snake gourd pieces ,salt and stir well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till done.
- Once Snake gourd is cooked well,add cooked daal to it and mix well till dry.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with Rice .