- Chicken (cut into medium pieces) 1/2 kg
- Mushroom – 50gms
- Onion(chopped) – 100gms
- Ginger -garlic paste – 2tsp
- Tomato(chopped) -1
- Green chilly – 3 nos
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 2tbsp
- Coriander powder – 3tbsp
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1/4tsp
- shallot(cut into thin pieces) -3
- Dry red chilly -2
- Coconut oil – 100gms
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions and saute well. Boil mushrooms with little salt, turmeric and keep aside
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilly(slit lengthwise), turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Then add chicken pieces with sufficient amount of water and salt and cover and cook till chicken is done
- Once it is cooked well, add boiled mushrooms,coconut milk to it and boil for 1-2 mins
- Sprinkle garam masala and mix well.
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan. Fry shallots, dry red chilly and curry leaves. Pour this mix to the gravy.
- Serve warm.