I have never made coconut burfi before and this is my first attempt at making burfis.This recipe is adapted from a cook book and hope you all will enjoy it.This is my entry to RCI Tamil Festival Event – Diwali
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/4 tsp
- cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- In a pan,Add coconut ,milk and cook till bubbles appear.
- Continue cooking, stirring continuously, for 10-12 minutes.
- Simultaneously, boil sugar in 1 cup water to make the syrup.
- Pour the sugar syrup into coconut mix, stirring gently and continuously.
- Add butter, and continue stirring, till soft lump forms.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Transfer the mixture into a ghee smeared plate and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Cool and cut into square or diamond shapes using a knife.
- Store in an air tight container.