Malva pudding is a popular south African dessert.It is served hot with either vanilla ice cream or custard.
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Apricot jam – 1 Tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 Tsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Vinegar – 2 Tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 Tsp
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- water – 1/3 cup
- Heavy Cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 Tsp
- Preheat Oven to 350 degree F/180 degree C
- In a bowl, beat sugar ,eggs and Jam until fluffy.
- Add flour little by little , baking soda and butter.Beat well.
- Add butter,milk,vinegar and vanilla essence until completely blended.
- Grease a baking pan with butter.Transfer the mix into it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time,prepare creamy sauce.
- Heat a pan. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add water,sugar,cream and vanilla essence.
- Let it boil.
- Pour the hot sauce immediately over the pudding as it comes out of the oven.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes to get the sauce soaked well.
- serve hot with ice cream or custard.
For detailed preparation Video, click the youtube link below