This recipe is adapted from Nita Mehta’s Great Indian Cooking.This is a less spicy curry and it tastes great with chappathi.
- Mushroom -200 gms
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion -2
- Tomato – 3
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Cashewnuts – 2 tbsp
- Cloves -2
- Cardamom -2
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Boil green peas and keep aside.
- wash and clean mushrooms.trim stalks of mushrooms and cut each into 4 pieces.
- Make a smooth paste of onions,cloves,cardamom,and fennel seeds.
- Blanch tomatoes , peel off the skin and cut into 4 pieces.Grind it into a fine paste with curd and cashewnuts.
- In a kadai,heat 2 tbsp of oil.Saute mushrooms for 5 mins.keep them spaced out while sauteing.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and cook for a minute and remove from fire.
- In the remaining oil, add onion paste,turmeric powder and cook till light brown in color.
- Then add the tomato paste and stir well till oil separates.Add kasoori methi powder,red chilly powder,garam masala,salt,boiled peas,fried mushrooms and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook till mushrooms are well cooked.
- Remove from fire.Garnish with coriander leaves.