Paneer Bhurji (പനീര്; ബുര്;ജി)
Paneer(cottage Cheese) is Nutritious and it is rich in proteins and calcium.Paneer bhurji is prepared with crumbled cottage cheese in a onion-tomato sauce.It is delicious and goes well with paratha.
- Paneer(crumbled) – 500 gms
- Onion – 2
- Tomato(chopped) – 1
- Green Chilly – 2
- Ginger-garlic paste –2 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder –1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1tsp
- Vegetable masala powder –1tsp
- Tomato Paste –1/4 cup
- Cream –1tbsp
- Sugar -1tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Capsicum (red) – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions,chopped tomato,ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilly.
- Add crumbled paneer and stir.Add red chilly powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,veg.masala and salt.Mix well.
- Add water and tomato paste to it.Mix well.cover and cook paneer in sauce to absorb flavors.
- Gradually add cream,sugar and coriander leaves.
- Allow flavors to infuse for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with diced red capsicum.
- Serve with rice or roti.