Spicy Prawn Paneer Masala
This dish is made with paneer and prawn in a thick and spicy Masala gravy.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Paneer (cut into Cubes) – 250 gms
- Prawn – 100 gms
- Onion (chopped) –2
- Tomato puree – 1/4 cup
- Ginger- 1” piece
- Garlic (chopped) – 5
- Cloves – 4
- Cardamom pods –3
- Cinnamon stick – 1” piece
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Make a paste of chopped onions.
- For the Masala Paste,Grind together ginger,garlic,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,turmeric powder,red chilly powder and cumin seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry paneer cubes till light brown in color.
- Heat oil in the pan .Saute onion paste and once it is done add tomato puree and masala paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add cleaned prawns,salt and stir well.Add 1/2 cup of water and cook till prawns are done.Once the gravy is thick, add paneer cubes and cook for another few seconds to get mixed up with the masala.
- Turn off the heat.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or roti.