Pepper Okra Fry
Wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. I wish all your resolutions and dreams come true in this Chinese year of the tiger. So, I’m going to start off my first post of the year with a Chinese touch with some yummy spice 🙂
We usually make Sāmbhar using okra, but I’m going to share a unique recipe using okra in a Chinese style.
- Okra (Lady’s Finger) – 6
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilly – 1
- Garlic(Chopped) – 4
- Pepper Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Curry leaves
- Wash okra and pat dry with a tissue paper to remove stickiness
- Cut it into long pieces
- Mix 1 1/2 tsp of corn flour, Maida, egg, salt and 1 tsp of pepper powder
- Marinate okra pieces with the mix and keep aside for 30 minutes
- Dust marinated okra pieces with the remaining corn flour and fry till both sides are light brown
- Heat oil in a frying pan again and sauté chopped onion, garlic and green chilly.
- Add fried okra, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and stir well.
- Serve hot