Shahi Chicken Korma/Shahi Murgh Korma
This is a popular Mughal dish prepared using chicken in a rich and creamy sauce.This goes great with roti or Rice
- Chicken(cut into medium cubes) – 1 1/2 kg
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Ghee –3 tbsp
- Garlic(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp.
- Onion(chopped) –3
- Red chilly powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam Masala –1 tsp.
- Kasoori Methi Powder- 1 tsp
- Fresh cream-1 cup
- Water(boiled) –1 cup
- Almonds – 10
- Cashewnuts –15
- Coriander leaves –to garnish
- Marinate chicken with curd,turmeric powder and salt.Mix well using hands.Keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add chopped ginger,garlic,chopped onion and saute well.Once onion turns light brown in color,add red chilly powder,coriander powder,1/2 tsp garam masala powder and kasoori methi powder.
- Add marinated chicken to it and mix well.
- Add hot water to it.cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is fully cooked.
- Add 1 cup fresh cream to it.stir well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder,almonds and cashewnuts to it. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves to it.Mix.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with rice or Roti.
Recipe Source: Magic Oven