Spicy Prawn Roast/Chemmeen Roast
This is a popular kerala style spicy prawn roast prepared using prawn and spices.This tastes great with rice or roti.
- Prawn/Chemmeen – 250 gms
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Coconut oil
- Cook prawns with little turmeric and salt.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped Onions till light brown.
- Add curry leaves,chopped green chilly,ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder,pepper powder to it .Add some more coconut oil to it and mix well.
- Once the raw smell goes, add cooked prawns to it and stir well with the spices.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with Rice or Roti.