- Brinjal – 5
- Grated coconut ? 2 tbsp
- Garlic pod – 2
- Shallots – 4
- Green chilly – 2
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Chop brinjal into small pieces.
- Grind coarsely grated coconut, chopped garlic,green chilly and chopped shallots and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, dry red chilly, urad dal, and curry leaves.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces, salt and cook till soft.
- Add the coconut mix to brinjal mix and stir well. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice.