This is a spicy mushroom curry prepared using Indian spices in a onion-tomato gravy.It tastes great with Roti.
- Mushroom –250gms
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 2
- Onion(cut into cubes) – 1
- Capsicum(cut into cubes) – 1
- Green Chilly(slit lengthwise) -2
- Ginger-garlic paste –1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder –1 1/2 tsp
- Tomato (chopped) –1
- Cloves -2
- Cinnamon stick – 1’piece
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Cardamom pods -2
- kasoori methi powder –1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds– 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder –1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Wash and clean the Mushrooms.cut into 4 medium pieces.
- Heat little oil in a pan.Fry mushroom pieces till half cooked.
- For the kadai masala,Dry roast ingredients numbered 11-16 and grind it into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.saute chopped onions till light brown.Add ginger garlic paste and once it is done,add turmeric powder,red chilly powder, coriander powder and saute it.
- Once the raw smell goes and nice aroma comes,add chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add the powdered masala and stir well.
- Add fried mushroom,onion cubes,capsicum and green chilly.Add little hot water to it and mix well.let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle cumin powder on top of the masala.
Recipe Source : Vanitha Magazine
This is a chettinad style paneer curry prepared using spicy and aromatic masala.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Peppercorns – 6
- Garlic – 2
- Cardamom –1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick –1/4” piece
- Cumin seeds –1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds –1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva) – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds(perumjeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and fry paneer cubes till light brown.Soak fried paneer in cold water to keep soft.otherwise it will be hard after frying.
- Roast grated coconut,peppercorns,garlic(chopped),cloves,cardamom,fennel seeds,cinnamon stick,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds.Once aroma comes, add red chilly powder and stir well.
- Immediately remove from fire to avoid burning.Let it cool and grind it to a fine paste adding little amount of water..
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions till light brown.
- Add the masala paste to it.Add salt to it.Stir well and once the oil clears,add 1/2 cup of water and cook.
- Once it starts to boil,add fried paneer cubes to it and mix.cover and cook for 2 minutes to get mixed with the masala
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This dish is made with paneer and prawn in a thick and spicy Masala gravy.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Paneer (cut into Cubes) – 250 gms
- Prawn – 100 gms
- Onion (chopped) –2
- Tomato puree – 1/4 cup
- Ginger- 1” piece
- Garlic (chopped) – 5
- Cloves – 4
- Cardamom pods –3
- Cinnamon stick – 1” piece
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Make a paste of chopped onions.
- For the Masala Paste,Grind together ginger,garlic,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,turmeric powder,red chilly powder and cumin seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry paneer cubes till light brown in color.
- Heat oil in the pan .Saute onion paste and once it is done add tomato puree and masala paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add cleaned prawns,salt and stir well.Add 1/2 cup of water and cook till prawns are done.Once the gravy is thick, add paneer cubes and cook for another few seconds to get mixed up with the masala.
- Turn off the heat.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or roti.