Capsicum – Paneer Masala
Today I am going to share an easy and delicious recipe of Paneer and Capsicum in a thick gravy.This goes well with roti,Naan or Bread.
- Paneer(cottage cheese,cut into cubes) – 250 gms
- Capsicum/Bell pepper – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilly (make a paste) – 3
- Cumin seeds/Jeerakam – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(cut lengthwise) – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- soak dry red chilly in little water for sometime. Make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter cumin seeds and once it starts to brown,add chopped onion and saute well.
- Add chopped ginger,ginger-garlic paste,chilly paste,tomato chopped and mix well.
- Add capsicum pieces(you can add different colored capsicum if you like),garam masala ,salt and stir well to get coated with the masala.
- Finally add paneer cubes ,salt ,kasoori methi powder and mix gently.Stir cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from fire.Garnish with coriander leaves.