This is prepared using chicken and curry leaves in a spicy masala.Adding curry leaves enhance the flavor and for spiciness only pepper and green chilly are used.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Chicken(cut into cubes)– 1/2 kg
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Ginger(crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Garlic(crushed) – 6
- Green Chilly – 4
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder –1/2 tbsp
- Yogurt-3 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5 sprigs
For Garam Masala
- Peppercorns – 1tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1”
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tbsp
- Star anise –1
- Cardamom pods – 6
- Heat a pan.Saute curry leaves on low flame till it changes its color and crispy.transfer into a bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan,add ingredients listed for the garam masala and saute for a minute on low flame.don’t let it burn.
- Grind the mix together with crispy curry leaves into a coarse powder.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add chopped onion,ginger,garlic,green chilly (you can add chilly according to your spiciness)and saute till onion turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder to it and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add chicken pieces,curry leaves powder mix,yogurt ,salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is cooked well and masala is coated well with chicken.
- Turn off the flame.Garnish with curry leaves
- serve as side dish with rice or roti.
Recipe source: Mia Kitchen
Chicken chukka is easy and yummy to make with the available ingredients in kitchen and goes well with rice or roti.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Grated Coconut –1/2 cup
- Garlic – 20
- Dry red chilly –10
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns –1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds –1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds –1 tsp
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Poppy seeds(kuskus) –1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1’ inch piece
- Cloves –2
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Ghee – 3tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.Roast coriander seeds,dry red chilly,pepper,garlic(15),poppy seeds,cinnamon stick,cloves,fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds,1/4 tsp chopped onion and turmeric powder for 2-3 minutes on low flame.Grind it into a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add cinnamon stick,chopped onion and let it saute.
- In the mean time,Heat oil in another pan .Add grated coconut,cumin seeds,5 garlic to ti and roast it.Grind it to a fine paste.
- Once onion turns light brown,add chicken,3/4th of the spice paste and salt to it.Mix well. Cover and cook without adding water.
- Once chicken is well cooked,add the coconut paste and remaining spice paste to it.Add curry leaves to it.Stir well.
- Roast till all water is evaporated and chicken is dry.
- Serve with rice or roti.
Normally I make vegetable biriyani using different types of veggies, but never tried with cauliflower only.This is a must try for vegetarians.
For Making Dry chilly Gobi
- Cauliflower- 1/2 kg
- Chilly Powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala –1/4tsp
- Chilly Sauce-1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce-1/4 tsp
- Curd-2 tsp
- Rice flour- 6 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp
- Onion –2
- Green Chilly –8
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs
- Pudina Leaves-2 sprigs
- Dry chilly Gobi- 50gms
- Basmati Rice-1/2 kg
- Dalda/vegetable oil-150 gms
- Ghee-25 gms
- Onion- 3
- Tomato- 2
- Ginger-2 piece
- Green Chilly- 6
- Garlic –2
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Curd – 3 tsp
- Cashew nuts-50gms
- Raisins – 50 gms
- Cinnamon stick –1 piece
- Cardamom – 4
- Onion –1
- Pineapple(cut into small pieces) – 10
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
- Pudina Leaves- 2 sprigs
- For making chilly Gobi,Cut cauliflower into small florettes and soak in warm water for 20 minutes mixed with turmeric powder to remove germs.Strain it.
- Mix cauliflower with red chilly powder,turmeric powder,pepper powder,garam masala ,chilly sauce,soy sauce,curd,rice flour,corn flour,oil,salt and water.
- Heat oil in a pan.saute onion,green chilly,coriander leaves,pudina leaves and curry leaves.Add this masala to cauliflower florettes and deep fry in oil till cauliflower is light brown in color.
- Heat dalda in a pan.Fry cashewnuts,raisins and keep aside.
- Heat dalda in a wide bottomed pan.Fry cloves,cinnamons tick,cardamom.Add rice to it and let it fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 liter water boiled water to it.Add ghee and salt to it.cover and cook till rice is half cooked.
- For making masala,heat dalda in a pan.Saute 3 chopped onions, 6 green chilly,ginger,garlic,chopped tomato till done.
- Mix curd with turmeric powder,pepper powder and add it to the masala.
- Add fried cauliflower to it and mix well.
- For Dum Biriyani , grease the pan with ghee.Add Gobi masala over it.add rice as next layer.repeat the same until mix and rice is finished.
- Sprinkle some ghee over rice.
- Cover tightly with a lid and place it on a hot tawa for 20 minutes. This will infuse the flavor into rice..
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves,pudina leaves,and chopped pineapples.
- serve with raita,coriander chutney and papad.