This is a popular Mughal dish prepared using chicken in a rich and creamy sauce.This goes great with roti or Rice
- Chicken(cut into medium cubes) – 1 1/2 kg
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Ghee –3 tbsp
- Garlic(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp.
- Onion(chopped) –3
- Red chilly powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam Masala –1 tsp.
- Kasoori Methi Powder- 1 tsp
- Fresh cream-1 cup
- Water(boiled) –1 cup
- Almonds – 10
- Cashewnuts –15
- Coriander leaves –to garnish
- Marinate chicken with curd,turmeric powder and salt.Mix well using hands.Keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add chopped ginger,garlic,chopped onion and saute well.Once onion turns light brown in color,add red chilly powder,coriander powder,1/2 tsp garam masala powder and kasoori methi powder.
- Add marinated chicken to it and mix well.
- Add hot water to it.cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is fully cooked.
- Add 1 cup fresh cream to it.stir well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder,almonds and cashewnuts to it. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves to it.Mix.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with rice or Roti.
Recipe Source: Magic Oven
chembhu Taal Thoran is popular in kerala cuisine.it is prepared by taro stem sautéed in coconut and seasonings.you can make variety of dishes like pachadi,kalan(kerala style yogurt curry)using taro stem.This side dish goes well with rice.
- Taro stem/Chembhu taal - 4
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly –2
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- coconut Oil
- Peel of the outer skin and cut into small pieces.Add salt to it and mix well.Keep aside for 10 minutes.Squeeze out the excess water.Apply oil on both palms to avoid itchiness.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds,urad dal,dry red chilly and once it is done add grated coconut,curry leaves to it.stir well for 2 minutes.
- Finally add chopped taro stem to it and mix well.cook on medium flame for 5 minutes till it is dry.
- serve with rice.
Paal kappa is a popular delicacy of Kerala cuisine.This is prepared using tapioca in coconut milk .This goes well with spicy Kerala fish curry and shallots chammanthi.
- Tapioca(cut into cubes) – 1 kg
- Shallots – 6
- Garlic – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Boil tapioca with salt and water till tapioca pieces are cooked well.Once it is done, strain the water.
- Grind shallots,garlic and cumin seeds to a paste.
- Heat a pan and transfer the tapioca pieces into it.Add the shallot paste and coconut milk to it .Mix well.
- Once it starts to boil, add grated coconut ,curry leaves and coconut oil to it.stir well..
- Remove from fire.
For Ulli chammanthi
- Shallots –8
- Green Chilly – 3
- Coconut oil
Grind shallots,green chilly to a coarse paste.Add salt and oil to it..