This is a different style of preparing podimas using Fish. I usually make potato podimas for chappathi. when I was searching for some fish recipes the other day, I found this interesting recipe in vanitha pachakam magazine and I wanted to give it a try.This yummy dish goes well with rice.
- Fish(Boneless tilapia fillets,cut into small cubes) – 1/2 kg
- Onion(finely chopped) – 1
- Shallots(finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Tomato(cut into small pieces) –1
- Green Chilly(chop into small pieces) – 2
- Dry red chilly -1
- Garam masala powder –1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- kashmiri red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger(Finely chopped) –1 tsp
- Garlic(finely chopped) –1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- urad dal(uzhunnu parippu) –1/2 tsp
- Cury leaves – 1 sprig
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 4 tbsp
- Clean and cut fish fillet into small cubes.Marinate fish pieces with 1 tsp red chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt .Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a Manchatti and add marinated fish pieces and 1 tbsp of water to it.cover and cook on low flame till done.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan. splutter mustard seeds.once it is done add urad dal,curry leaves and saute.once the dal changes it s color to light brown,add chopped ginger,garlic and saute well.
- Add green chilly,dry red chilly to it and mix well.
- Add chopped onions,shallots and saute well till onion turns golden brown.add tomato pieces,garam masala powder, 1 tbsp red chilly powder,1 tbsp oil and mix well.
- once it is fried well, add cooked fish pieces to it and mix gently to get fully coated with masala.while stirring,take care not to crush the fish pieces.
- cover and cook for 1 minute.Remove from fire.Finally add lemon juice on top of the masala.
- Fish podimas is ready to serve with rice.
This is a healthy preparation of salmon marinated in spicy green sauce and baked.hope all seafood lovers will definitely love this.
- Salmon(clean and cut into medium pieces) – 1 lb.
- Yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder –1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
For Green Paste
- Ginger- 1/2 “ piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chilly –4
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro(chopped) –1/2 cup
- Onion(cut into slices) –1/2
- Mint leaves/Pudina (chopped) – 7
- Clove – 4
- Cinnamons tick – 1” piece
- Black peppercorns – 4
- Remove the outer skin of salmon.cut into medium pieces. Dry the pieces in a paper towel before marinating.
- In a blender add all the ingredients listed under green masala and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add salmon pieces,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,and salt and mix well .
- Add yogurt,lemon juice, green paste to it and mix well so that the masala coats well with the salmon pieces.
- Marinate fish in refrigerator for about 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and arrange the fish pieces.
- Brush the salmon pieces with little oil.Bake them on one side for about 15 minutes. once one side is done,turn over and bake again for another 15 minutes.It depends upon the type of oven you use for baking.
- Serve as starter or as side dish for rice.
This kichadi is prepared using kovakka in coconut mix and it tastes great with rice and can be served in sadhya as side dish.
- Kovakka /Tindora(cut into round pieces) – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – /12 cup
- Cumin seeds/jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Green Chilly – 2
- Mustard seeds(crushed) – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Marinate kovakka pieces with salt for 10 mins.Then fry in oil till golden brown.
- Grind coconut,cumin,green chilly,crushed mustard seeds and curd into a paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl.Finally add fried kovakka pieces, salt to it.Mix well.
- Kichadi is ready to serve.